Saturday, June 9, 2007

SSHHHHHHHH! Dont tell my mom!


I couldn't even put this picture on Flickr because my mother would see her future Christmas present! Yes...it is a Clapotis from Knitty! I chose Brooks Farm yarn in the Four Play line in the Gypsy Heart 7 colorway - a blend of turquoise, purples and browns. The Four Play is a 50/50 yummy blend of fine wool and silk and it is wonderful to work with and uber soft! I am finally finished with section 3 and will be starting on my decreases soon. For the longest time it didn't feel like it was getting much bigger until recently. This is definitely a pattern I will make again (for myself) but sometime in the future. I have plenty other "wannas" to do. I will definitely use this yarn again - wonderful to work with and less expensive than Lorna's Laces and it comes from Texas! I'm also using stitch markers I bought from Hide and Sheep which are great to work with because they are lightweight, don't dangle or snag and best of all are beautiful, handmade and inexpensive. I heart Etsy.

No comments: